Aruna Bio is advancing a new class of cell-free biologics, exosomes, for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) and neurodegenerative disorders and leveraging our novel platform to optimize the delivery of RNAs, antibodies, genes, and small molecules. Through this platform and our partners, we strive to improve outcomes for CNS cancers, neurodegenerative, genetic, and rare diseases.
Aruna Bio currently offers a wide range of full-time employee benefits that include:
· Medical/Dental/Vision insurance options
· Generous Paid Time Off
· Generous Holiday calendar
· Employee retirement plan
· Employee training and professional development opportunities
If you are energetic, highly motivated and want to work in a fast paced, team-focused environment, then Aruna Bio wants to hear from you. The company is currently seeking to fill the following position.
Position Description - Research Scientist - Drug Delivery
The Research Scientist – Drug Delivery position supports the R&D efforts of Aruna Bio in exosome modification, including modification of the producer cell lines and post-isolation modification of exosomes to enhance the delivery of functional payloads to targets in the central nervous system. The position requires the candidate to work collaboratively as part of a larger team to advance products in the Aruna Bio pipeline towards commercialization. The candidate must have applicable experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, neuroscience and/or protein biology in mammalian systems.
· Development and generation of stable cell lines
· Modification of post-isolation exosomes
· Development and optimization of techniques to load exosomes with bioactive payloads
· Design and execution of assays to characterize enhanced function and/or cargo loading of modified exosomes
· Oversight of research associate(s) or technician(s)
· Prioritization and management of multiple tasks while meeting timelines and milestone projections
· Practice current Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) requirements
· Maintain detailed records that are legible, accurate, and readily understood
· Perform data analysis, interpret results, and formulate logical next steps in research plan
· Perform mammalian cell culture using sterile technique
· Perform specialized assays such as Western Blots, Meso Scale Discovery, chromatography, ELISA, qPCR, flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, etc.
· Troubleshoot software or equipment malfunction, as well as experiment errors, and perform root cause analyses to determine source of error
· Assist in daily company operation and maintenance of the lab space
· Preparation and ordering of necessary reagents and laboratory supplies
· Participate in occasional weekend work
· Demonstrated field-of-specialty excellence that directly relates to Aruna Bio strategic direction
· Proven success mentoring or supervising small groups
· Proven ability to communicate a research project and delegate tasks to technician(s)
· Demonstrated excellence in a team environment
· High level critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to think and work independently with limited supervision while demonstrating personal accountability
· Excellent written and oral communication skills Strict attention to detail
· Exceptional organizational and documentation skills
· Takes initiative as problems and/or opportunities arise
· Proven ability to multi-task and meet multiple high priority deadlines
· Ability to think and work independently with limited supervision while demonstrating personal accountability
· Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively articulate scientific concepts
Education and preferred skill set: PhD in molecular neuroscience, protein biology, bioengineering or molecular cell biology with a focus on mammalian in vitro systems is required. Preferred skills include experience with protein/peptide chemistry, genetic cloning, transduction/transfection techniques, and stable cell line generation. Candidates with prior experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical setting will be given top consideration.
Qualified candidates submit cover letter and resume to:
Subject line: Research Scientist – Drug Delivery